Keynotes and Invited Addresses
- 2021. The Future of Work. Invited address at the IFIP Jubilee Finale, 21 December 2021, Webinar.
- 2020. The Future of Work. Keynote address at the Department of Informatics, University of Pretoria, Honours Industry Day 2020, 14 August 2020, Webinar.
- 2019. Is HCI/UX Ready for the Fourth Industrial Revolution? Keynote address at INTERACT 2019, The 17th IFIP TC.13 International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction, Paphos, Cyprus, 5 September 2019.
- 2016 (With Janet Wesson): HCI in Africa: A Technological Future? Keynote address at AfriCHI 2016, Nairobi, Kenya, 25 November 2016.
- 2016. Designing a National Health Normative Standards Framework from a Care Scenario Perspective. Invited address, IFIP Open Symposium on HCI. University of West London, London, UK.
- 2015. Achieving Interoperability in Healthcare. Keynote address at SAHIA IHE workshop, Pretoria, 19 November 2015.
- 2014. An Overarching eHealth Architecture for South Africa. Presentation to NHIS/SA Committee, 15 April 2014.
- 2012. Technical and Socio-technical Approaches to Health Informatics in Africa. Keynote Address at the IASTED Health Informatics 2012 Conference, held in Gaborone. Botswana, from 2 to 6 September 2012.
- 2009. HCI and Design Research in the Southern African Context. Invited Address, Cape Peninsula University of Technology, 18 March 2009.
- 2009. Crossing the Digital Divide. Keynote address at Bridging the Digital Divide Network Conference, 6 January 2009, Cambridge (UK).
- 2007. Cultural Factors in Mobile Phone Adoption and Usage. Invited Address at ‘The state of current research in HCI/ Seminar, Salamanca, Spain, 26 March 2007.
- 2006. What Users are Like: Cognition, Perception, Physiology, and Human Failure, F H Joanneum University of Applied Sciences, Graz, Austria, 18 December 2006.
- 2002. Human-computer Interaction Education, Research and Practice in Southern Africa. Keynote Address (SA Introductory Speaker), INDO-SA Workshop on Advanced Computing, Pretoria, 28 October 2002.
- 2002. Business, Information, Technology, and Management: Bit Don’t forget the Human Component. Keynote Address at BIT 2002 Conference, Manchester, United Kingdom, 5‑7 November 2002.
- 2001. The importance of feedback in e-commerce. Invited address, AB Framkom Research Institute, Stockholm, Sweden.
- 2001. The thesis writing and examination process. SAICSIT 2001. Keynote address at the SAICSIT 2001 Postgraduate Research Symposium, 28 September 2002.
- 2015. eStrategies Africa, Chairperson eHealth Roundtable (http://estrategies.co.za), November 2015, Cape Town, South Africa.
- 2014. eStrategies Africa, Member eHealth Roundtable (http://estrategies.co.za), November 2014, Cape Town, South Africa.
- 2012. eStrategies Africa, Member Architecture Roundtable (http://estrategies.co.za), April 2012, Cape Town, South Africa.